- that takes a person's breath away
- very exciting; thrilling
A hiker enjoys a breathtaking view.
The definition of breathtaking is something that is very beautiful or astonishing.
An example of something breathtaking is a remarkable view from a mountaintop.
- Inspiring or exciting: a breathtaking view; a breathtaking ride.
- Astonishing; astounding: breathtaking insensitivity.
(comparative more breathtaking, superlative most breathtaking)
- Mountain trails provide different levels of challenge with breathtaking views, and those who prefer to keep their feet on level ground can always enjoy a game of golf or a day of shopping for antiques and homemade crafts.
- With a breathtaking view of the ocean shimmering in the background, a spate of soft, hot sand underfoot and the sun shining down on friends and family, the magic of the moment is somehow amplified in this lovely setting.
- Bridal Express Online 6: In addition to a wide range of absolutely breathtaking plus size gowns, Bridal Express Online 6 carries a full line of accessory items so you can purchase all your bridal needs at one stop.
- The 45-foot high cathedral ceilings, equally majestic stone fireplace and breathtaking views of the lake offer a great way to wind down from a wine tour or a long day spent touring other wineries along the lake.
- A fall wedding can be a lovely event, and couples who plan on decorating an aisle for a fall wedding are taking their first steps into matrimony down a breathtaking aisle that will be a memorable and romantic path for them to walk together.