- the act or process of one that pricks
- a prickly feeling
- Present participle of prick.
- The act of piercing or puncturing with a sharp point.
- The driving of a nail into a horse's foot so as to produce lameness.
- (mining) A nicking.
- The mark or trace left by a hare's foot; a prick.
- The act of tracing a hare by its footmarks.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.