- callous, unfeeling, remorseless, etc.
- to do or say whatever is exactly right or to the point
- to fasten tightly with nails
- to settle definitely; clinch
- to fasten with nails to a wall or at some height
- to fasten (a door, window, etc.) tightly with nails
Other Word Forms of Nail
Origin of Nail
Middle English from Old English nægl fingernail, toenail nogh- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to nail using the buttons below.