- a liberating or being liberated
- the securing of equal social and economic rights: women's liberation movement
- An example of liberation is when a prisoner is set free from prison.
- An example of liberation is allowing homosexual couples to be married.
Liberation is defined as being set free, or obtaining equal rights.
- The act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
- The act or process of trying to achieve equal rights and status.
- With Sobieski in 1683, after the liberation of Vienna, is commemorated by an obelisk.
- We cannot ignore the fact that this or that issue of the military operations will facilitate or render more difficult our work of liberation in Russia.
- In Asia Minor, the "enslavement " and liberation of cities alternated with the circumstances of the hour, while the kings all through professed themselves the champions of Hellenic freedom, and were ready on occasion to display munificence toward the city temples or in public works, such as might reconcile republicans to a position of dependence.
- (e) The German " War of Liberation," culminating in the Battle of the Nations around Leipzig.
- Combustion meant the liberation of phlogiston..