A discharge of pus.
An example of discharge is pulling the trigger of a gun.
An example of discharge is a prisoner being released from prison.
Discharge a patient; discharge a soldier.
A train discharging commuters.
A vent discharging steam.
Discharge a pistol.
The musket discharged loudly.
A watery discharge.
- To remove the cargo of (a ship); unload.
- To release the charge of (a gun); fire.
- To release (a soldier, jury, etc.) from duty.
- To dismiss (a special committee) after it has reported to the legislature of which it is a part.
- To dismiss from employment.
- To release (a prisoner) from jail, (a defendant) from suspicion, (a patient) as cured, (a debtor or bankrupt) from obligations, etc.
- To unload (a cargo).
- To shoot (a projectile).
- To remove (dye) from cloth.
- To throw off; send forth; emit.To discharge pus.
- To get rid of; acquit oneself of; pay (a debt) or perform (a duty).
To discharge a prisoner.
To discharge a cargo.
A pipe discharges water.
He discharged a horrible oath.