The definition of enduring is something that is long-lasting and patient.
An example of enduring is the love a mother has for her child.
- Lasting; continuing; durable: a novel of enduring interest.
- Long-suffering; patient.
- The motions of most lizards are executed with great but not enduring rapidity.
- After enduring the greatest hardships it was resolved to abandon the ship, Upernivik being reached on the 5th of August 1855, whence a relief expedition brought the explorers home.
- Lastly, he gained enduring fame by the construction of a road and an aqueduct, which - a thing unheard of before - he called by his own name (Livy ix.
- After enduring great hardships he goes through the course and leaves a son Connlaech behind in Scotland by another amazon, Aife.
- They are capable of enduring great privation, and make excellent soldiers under British discipline, though there are but few in the Indian army.