A woman expresses her abiding love for chocolate.
An example of an abiding love would be a chocoholic’s love of chocolate.
(comparative more abiding, superlative most abiding)
- Present participle of abide.
From Middle English abiden (“to abide”) or abide + -ing.
abiding - Legal Definition
- It is under the abiding influence of the Holy Ghost, and therefore cannot err in matters of faith.
- The rest of Palermo was soon granted; the Semitic capital became the abiding head of Sicily.
- "He's only abiding by the judge's direction," Cynthia answered.
- The Maoris of to-day are law-abiding, peaceable and indolent.
- At last the law-abiding Jews might and must assert the majesty of the outraged Law.