An example of distribution is rice being shipped from Asia to the United States.
- The process of marketing and supplying goods, especially to retailers.
- The transmission of inherited property to its heirs after taxes, debts, and costs of the estate have been paid.
Distributions from a retirement account.
- The geographic occurrence or range of an organism.
- The geographic occurrence or range of a custom, usage, or other feature.
- Apportionment by law (of funds, property, etc.).
- The process by which commodities get to final consumers, including storing, selling, shipping, and advertising.
- Frequency of occurrence or extent of existence.
The wealth distribution became extremely skewed in the kleptocracy.
Origin of distribution
- From Old French, from Latin distributio, from distribuere 'to distribute', itself from dis- 'apart' + tribuere 'to ' (from tribus).