- highly pleased; happy
- Obs. delightful
A woman delighted by the beautiful day.
When you are really happy to receive a present, this is an example of a time when you might be described as delighted.
- Filled with delight.
- Obsolete Delightful.
(comparative more delighted, superlative most delighted)
- simple past tense and past participle of delight
- She laughed in a delighted way.
- The little girls were delighted to see the lovely shells.
- He looked up at the opening door and his expression of sleepy indifference suddenly changed to one of delighted amazement.
- The princess told the count that she would be delighted, and only begged him to stay longer at Anna Semenovna's, and he departed.
- Everybody was delighted with Helen.