(plural smileys or smilies)
- (rare) A simplified representation of a smiling face.
- (Internet) A sequence of keyboard characters used to represent a person's mood or emotion, especially :) or :-) or other smiling depiction.
- (slang) Having one's throat slit from side to side.
- (rare) An improvised street weapon consisting of a length of chain with padlocks and other heavy objects affixed to one end.
- (South Africa) A roasted sheep's head.
Note: The variant spelling "smilie" is rare, but the plural form "smilies" (which is properly the plural of "smilie" or "smily", not "smiley") is common.