- simple past tense and past participle of comply
The definition of complied means acted in agreement with the requirements or rules.
If you were ordered to wear white and you showed up wearing white, this is an example of a time when you complied with the order.
- Betsy hesitated, but complied when Grasso feigned a slice with his weapon.
- Searching tests were applied to these fittings, and only those which complied in every respect with the prescribed regulations were stamped and permitted to be fixed within the limits of the water supply.
- She complied and he examined her ankle, twisting it until she winced.
- Bluntschli, consider that unless this tacit condition is complied with, the award may be set aside.
- Generally speaking, the Transylvanians had only to appear, to have their demands promptly complied with; for these marauders had to be bought off because the emperor had more pressing business elsewhere.