- The definition of agitated is someone who is very distressed or troubled.
Being so nervous about something that you are constantly pacing is an example of agitated.
- Agitated means to have shaken up or stirred-up something.
A washing machine that moved laundry around during the wash and rinse cycles is an example of a machine that agitated the laundry.
shaken; perturbed; excited
- simple past tense and past participle of agitate
- He was very agitated, but I don't think he meant to harm us.
- She was agitated to the point of distraught.
- A strange feeling agitated me all the time I was alone with him in the dark chamber.
- Sonya entered the room with an agitated face.
- Agitated and flushed she turned round.