Proceeds is defined as profit.
An example of proceeds is money raised from a charity event minus the expenses.
the money or profit derived from a sale, business venture, etc.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of proceed
- In America, the proceeds went to The Red Cross.
- If this is approved the meeting proceeds; if not, the meeting is dissolved.
- The revenues of the state come from two sources; about two-thirds from taxation and about one-third in all from the earnings of the penitentiary, from the fees collected by state officials, from the proceeds from the sale of state publications, and from the dividends from stock and bonds.
- Outside of the suburb there are saltpans, most of the proceeds of which are exported to Galicia.
- The second branch proceeds north-westwards towards the West Indies, where it mingles with the waters of the northern equatorial; and the two drifts, blocked by the