- The definition of woeful is something really bad or pathetic, or something characterized by sorrow or misery.
- A pathetic attempt to complete a project is an example of a woeful attempt.
- An expression of great sorrow is an example of a woeful expression.
- full of woe; sad; mournful
- of, causing, or involving woe
- pitiful; wretched; miserable
- Affected by or full of woe; mournful: feeling woeful.
- Causing, involving, or expressing woe: a woeful situation; woeful eyes.
- Deplorably bad: woeful errors in judgment.
(comparative more woeful, superlative most woeful)
From woe +â€Ž -ful.