- plural form of top
- (darts) The uppermost field of a dartboard; the double-20 field
- Scoring 38 more points leaves him with tops for the win.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of top
tops - Computer Definition
(1) A family of operating systems from Digital Equipment that ran on the PDP-6, DECsystem 10 and DECsystem 20 computers. TOPS was later renamed TOPS-10, and TOPS-20 was a completely new OS based on TENEX, developed by Dan Murphy at Digital and members of BBN. TOPS-20 added advanced features for the mid-1970s such as virtual memory.
(2) (Transparent OPerating System) An earlier peer-to-peer LAN from Sitka Corporation, Alameda, CA, that used the LocalTalk access method and connected Apple computers, PCs and Sun workstations. Its Flashcard plugged LocalTalk capability into PCs.