- on or during the present day
- in the present time or age; nowadays
Origin of todayMiddle English to dai from Old English to dæg: see to and day
- the present day
- the present time or period
- During or on the present day.
- During or at the present time.
Origin of todayMiddle English to dai from Old English tō dæge tō to ; see to . dæge dative of dæg day ; see agh- in Indo-European roots.
- A current day or date.
- Today is the day we'll fix this once and for all.
Todays is a mostly literary plural. It refers to days that we experience, have experienced or will experience as "today". More colloquial are these days and nowadays.