There are three girls in this photo.
- The definition of three is two plus one more.
An example of three is a couple and one of their friends; three friends.
- Three is the number between two and four, or a group of two plus one more people or things.
- An example of three is how old a child turns after having been two years old.
- An example of three is a group of puppies made up of two males and a female.
totaling one more than two
Origin of threeMiddle English ; from Old English threo, thrie, akin to German drei ; from Indo-European base an unverified form trei- from source Classical Latin tres, Classical Greek treis, Sanskrit tri
- the cardinal number between two and four; 3; III
- any group of three people or things
- something numbered three or having three units, as a playing card, domino, face of a die, etc.
- Basketball three-pointer
- The cardinal number equal to 2 + 1.
- The third in a set or sequence.
- Something having three parts, units, or members.
Origin of threeMiddle English, from Old English thr&imacron;; see trei- in Indo-European roots.