- An example of something tripartite is the Holy Trinity of father, son and holy ghost.
- An example of something tripartite is a form with three copies - a white, yellow and pink copy.
- An example of something tripartite is a trial with the prosecution, the defense and the judge.
The definition of tripartite is something that has three parts, versions, or parties.
- divided into three parts; threefold
- having three corresponding parts or copies
- made or existing between three parties, as an agreement
Origin of tripartiteMiddle English ; from Classical Latin tripartitus ; from tri-, three + partitus, partite
- Composed of or divided into three parts.
- Relating to or executed by three parties: a tripartite agreement.
- In three parts.
- Done by three parties (as an agreement).
From Latin tripartitus.
tripartite - Legal Definition
Composed of or having three parts; divided into three parts or elements.