- threefold; triple
- Astrol. in trine; hence, favorable
Origin of trineMiddle English from Middle French from Classical Latin trinus, triple from tres, three
- a group of three; triad
- Astrol. the aspect of two planets 120 degrees apart, considered favorable
- [T-] the Trinity
- Threefold; triple.
- a. Of or relating to an astrologically favorable positioning of two celestial bodies 120° apart.b. In astrology, situated 120° apart.
- A group of three.
- In astrology, the aspect of two planets when 120° apart.
- Trine Christianity See Trinity .
Origin of trineMiddle English from Old French from Latin trīnus sing. of trīnī three each ; see trei- in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present trines, present participle trining, simple past and past participle trined)
- (astrology) To put in the aspect of a trine.