The definition of thankful is someone feeling or showing gratitude.
When you are pleased and grateful for what you have, this is an example of a time when you are thankful.
- Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful.
- Expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile.
(comparative more thankful, superlative most thankful)
From thank +"Ž -ful.
- I'm thankful that one of those things is me.
- Just be thankful it happened before the election.
- I'm so thankful he's apparently left the area.
- "Let's just be thankful we have guests," Dean continued as he wound a string of lights into a bouquet of blinking color, unplugged it, and set it aside with a dozen others.
- We are all so glad and thankful that Mr. Kipling did not die!