The definition of appreciative is someone who feels or shows gratitude.
An audience that stands up and applauds is an example of an audience that is appreciative of the performance.
Capable of or showing appreciation.
- He opened the door for her with an appreciative smile.
- It's made me cautious and appreciative of the importance of self-reliance.
- Swift was another appreciative visitor.
- There is also an appreciative account of Ellsworth's life and work in H.
- "Good one," Gabe said, appreciative of his friend's humor.