- When you are OK with the recovery you are being offered in a settlement for a lawsuit and you are willing to accept the terms, this is an example of a time when you are contented with the settlement.
- When you are warm and cozy under a blanket in front of a fire with someone you love, this is an example of a time when you are contented.
The definition of contented is someone satisfied with a situation or someone who is happy and at-ease.
Satisfied with things as they are; content: a contented expression on the child's face.
- simple past tense and past participle of content
(comparative more contented, superlative most contented)
- There was no denying the contented expression on his face.
- But now she's a contented ghost.
- To have a contented life and be loved by someone.
- I staggered back to my room, away from the contented people playing around the pool, not wanting them to see me in tears.
- Right now she felt more contented than she had ever felt in her life.