- When you are overcome with having the flu, this is an example of a time when you are stricken.
- When you are overcome with grief and sadness, this is an example of a time when you are stricken.
The definition of stricken is afflicted or affected by an unpleasant truth, undesirable feeling or bad medical condition, or a look of great distress.
- struck or wounded, as by a missile
- afflicted or affected, as by something painful or very distressing: a child stricken with polio, a stricken conscience
- having the contents level with the top of a container
A past participle of strike.
- Struck or wounded, as by a projectile.
- a. Affected by something overwhelming, such as disease, trouble, or painful emotion.b. Incapacitated; disabled.
- Having the contents made even with the top of a measuring device or container; level: a stricken measure of flour.
(comparative more stricken, superlative most stricken)
- Past participle of strike