- a temporary structure used for support; scaffolding
- the business of operating stagecoaches
- travel by stagecoach
- the act, process, or manner of presenting a play on the stage
- An example of staging is a wooden platform set up for a performance in the center of a shopping mall.
- An example of staging is a director working out where the actors in a play will move and sit as they say their lines.
- An example of staging is bringing furniture and decorations into a home that is for sale to make it more attractive to a prospective buyer.
- An example of staging is when a prospective new chef works for several days without pay to demonstrate his skills.
Staging is a temporary structure, or how a play is presented, or presenting a home for sale, or a try-out period for a chef or waitperson in a restaurant.
- A temporary platform or system of platforms used for support; scaffolding.
- a. The process or manner of putting on a play on the stage.b. The art or process of arranging the elements included in a shot in front of a camera, as for a movie: The horror film's exquisite staging works to unsettle its viewers.
- The act of jettisoning a stage of a multistage rocket.
- a. The operation of stagecoaches as an enterprise.b. Travel by stagecoach.
- Present participle of stage.
- (t) In erection on staging, the materials available determine the character of the staging; stacks of timber, earth banks, or builtup staging of piles and trestles have all been employed, also iron staging, which can be rapidly erected and moved from site to site.
- Square sunk into the blue ground; the diamantiferous rock was hoisted by bucket and windlass, and roadways were left across the pit to provide access to the claims. But the roadways soon fell in, and ultimately haulage from the claims could only be provided by means of a vast system of wire ropes extending from a triple staging of windlasses erected round the entire edge of the mine, which had by this time become a huge open pit; the ropes from the upper windlasses extended to the centre, and those from the lower tier to the sides of the pit; covering the whole mass like a gigantic cobweb.
- I asked where the house in question was located and was told it was several blocks away and this was a staging area.
- Now, you can send your soldiers to the castle where the demons are staging an attack, and rejoin the Council, or I can bury you here in your front yard.
- The side spans are erected first on staging and anchored to the piers.