- The definition of spacious is an area, building or location that has abundant room or space.
A 10,000 square foot house is an example of a spacious house.
- having or giving more than enough space or room; vast; extensive
- great; large; not confined or limited
Origin of spaciousMiddle English ; from Old French spacieux ; from Classical Latin spatiosus
- Having enough or abundant space or room; large in area or extent: a spacious convention center.
- Large in range or scope: too spacious a subject for a short lecture.
(comparative more spacious, superlative most spacious)