- The definition of spacious is an area, building or location that has abundant room or space.
A 10,000 square foot house is an example of a spacious house.
spacious definition by Webster's New World
- having or giving more than enough space or room; vast; extensive
- great; large; not confined or limited
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French spacieux ; from Classical Latin spatiosus
spacious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Generous or large in area or extent; roomy.
- Vast in range or scope: a spacious view.
- spaˈcious·ly adverb
- spaˈcious·ness noun