- The definition of sometime is occasional.
An example of sometime used as an adjective is in the phrase "sometime friend," which means a person who does not always act like a true friend.
- Sometime is defined as at an unspecified time.
An example of sometime used as an adverb is in the sentence, "The game will start sometime," which means the the start time of the game is unknown.
- at some time not known or specified
- at some unspecified time in the future
- former; erstwhile: her sometime friend
- merely occasional; sporadic: his wit is a sometime thing
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- At an indefinite or unstated time: I'll meet you sometime this afternoon.
- At an indefinite time in the future: Let's get together sometime.
- Obsolete Sometimes.
- Archaic Formerly.
- Having been at some prior time; former: a sometime secretary.
- Usage Problem Occasional.