When a pension has become guaranteed and you are definitely entitled to it, this is an example of a pension that would be described as vested.
- clothed; robed, esp. in church vestments
- including a vest (): said of a man's suit
- Law not contingent upon anything; fixed; settled; absolute: a vested right
Origin of vestedpast participle of vest
- Law Settled, fixed, or absolute; being without contingency: a vested right.
- Having full ownership rights, especially after certain conditions such as a period of service, have been met: vested stock options; an employee vested in a retirement account.
- Dressed or clothed, especially in ecclesiastical vestments.
(comparative more vested, superlative most vested)
- Simple past tense and past participle of vest.
vested - Legal Definition