- at regular intervals
- from time to time; recurrently
Periodically is defined as something done occasionally.
If you check your voice mail only once every week or two, this is an example of when youperiodically check your voice mail.
- In those localities, however, it is not the same water which varies in temperature with the season, but the water of different warm and cold currents which periodically occupy the same locality as they advance and retreat.
- Since 1512 it has been periodically exhibited.
- The burgh has suffered periodically from fire, notably in 1452, when half of it was burnt by the earl of Huntly.
- Peebles is a noted haunt of anglers, and the Royal Company of Archers shoot here periodically for the silver arrow given by the burgh.
- 18 seq., reference is made to its agricultural life in terms suggesting that along with its younger, but more successful "brother," it was the guardian of a sacred mountain (Carmel, Tabor?) visited periodically for sacrificial feasts.