- If you want a person to bring you a cookie but you do not care at all who brings you the cookie, this is an example of when you want someone to bring you a cookie.
- When you want to become famous so everyone knows your name, this is an example of when you want to be someone.
Someone is defined as an unnamed person, or refers to a person of authority or importance.
a person unknown or not named; some person; somebody
An unspecified or unknown person.
A person of importance: He really thinks he's someone.
- Some person.
- Is someone there?
Some translation dictionaries have used the abbreviation s.o. or so for someone.
- A partially specified but unnamed person.
- Do you need a gift for that special someone?
- The someones under discussion were eventually arrested.