- If you want a person to bring you a cookie but you do not care at all who brings you the cookie, this is an example of when you want someone to bring you a cookie.
- When you want to become famous so everyone knows your name, this is an example of when you want to be someone.
Someone is defined as an unnamed person, or refers to a person of authority or importance.
An unspecified or unknown person.
A person of importance: He really thinks he's someone.
- Some person.
- Is someone there?
Some translation dictionaries have used the abbreviation s.o. or so for someone.
- A partially specified but unnamed person.
- Do you need a gift for that special someone?
- The someones under discussion were eventually arrested.
- Someone knocked at the door.
- I'll send someone at once.
- Someone knocked on the door and when she answered it, a man brought in their luggage.
- It's good to have someone to talk to.
- Besides, after he inherited, he could always put someone in charge of the estate.