- Obs. not divisible; not separable
- existing as a single, separate thing or being; single; separate; particular
- of, for, or by a single person or thing
- relating to or characteristic of a single person or thing
- distinguished from others by special characteristics; of a unique or striking character: an individual style
Origin of individualMedieval Latin individualis from Classical Latin individuus ( from in-, in- + dividuus, divisible from dividere, to divide) + -al
- a single thing, being, or organism, esp., when regarded as a member of a class, species, group, etc.
- a person