- severe; merciless; violent
- dashing; spirited
- Informal huge: a slashing success
- the act of one that slashes
- slash ( & )
- Sports the illegal act of swinging the stick at an opponent, as in ice hockey
See slashing in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Bitingly critical or satiric: slashing wit.
- Dashing; pelting: a slashing hailstorm.
- Brilliant; intense: slashing colors.
The act of swinging a stick at an opponent in ice hockey or lacrosse, in violation of the rules.
Learn more about slashing