Acrid is defined as a sharp, bitter taste or smell that is unpleasant.adjective
An example of acrid is the smell of sour milk.
The definition of acrid is a thing or person that is bitter and/or harsh.adjective
An example of acrid is the type of divorce where the couple fight over everything and purposely try to hurt one another.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- sharp, bitter, stinging, or irritating to the taste or smell
- bitter or sarcastic in speech, etc.
Origin: < L acris, fem. of acer, sharp < IE base *a- (see acid): form infl. by acid
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Unpleasantly sharp, pungent, or bitter to the taste or smell. See Synonyms at bitter.
- Caustic in language or tone.
Origin: From Latin ācer, sharp (probably modeled on acid); see ak- in Indo-European roots.
- a·cridˈi·ty , acˈrid·ness noun
- acˈrid·ly adverb
acrid - Medical Definition
- acridity , acˈrid·ness noun