The definition of corrosive is something that causes the deterioration or eating away of metal.adjective
Acid is an example of something that would be described as corrosive.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- corroding or causing corrosion
- bitingly sarcastic; cutting; acid
Origin: OFr corrosif < ML corrosivus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having the capability or tendency to cause corrosion: a corrosive acid.
- Gradually destructive; steadily harmful: corrosive anxiety; corrosive increases in prices; a corrosive narcotics trade.
- Spitefully sarcastic: corrosive criticism; corrosive wit.
- cor·roˈsive·ly adverb
- cor·roˈsive·ness noun
corrosive - Medical Definition