- a person or thing that settles
- a person who settles in a new country or colony
- One who settles in a new region, especially a region that has few occupants or that is occupied by people of a different ethnic or religious group.
- One who settles or decides something.
- Law Variant of settlor
- someone who settles in a new location, especially one who makes a previously uninhabited place his home
- the first settlers of New England
- someone who decides something, such as a dispute
- (UK) the person in a betting shop who calculates the winnings
- A drink which settles the stomach, especially a bitter drink, often a nightcap.
- A vessel, such as a tub, in which something, such as pulverized ore suspended in a liquid, is allowed to settle.
- (colloquial) That which settles or finishes, such as a blow that decides a contest.
settle + -er