- The definition of a nightcap is a cap worn to bed at night to keep the head warm.
An example of a nightcap is a beanie placed on a newborn baby's head while sleeping.
- Nightcap is defined as an alcoholic drink at the end of the night.
An example of a nightcap is two friends having a glass of grappa after a night out.
A newborn wearing a nightcap.
nightcap definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a cap worn to bed, esp. formerly, to protect the head from cold
- Informal an alcoholic drink taken just before going to bed or at the end of an evening of partying, a night on the town, etc.
- ☆ Baseball, Informal the second game of a double-header
nightcap definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.
- Sports & Games The last event in a day's competition, especially the final game in a baseball double-header.
- A cloth cap worn especially in bed.