A newborn wearing a nightcap.
- The definition of a nightcap is a cap worn to bed at night to keep the head warm.
An example of a nightcap is a beanie placed on a newborn baby's head while sleeping.
- Nightcap is defined as an alcoholic drink at the end of the night.
An example of a nightcap is two friends having a glass of grappa after a night out.
- a cap worn to bed, esp. formerly, to protect the head from cold
- Informal an alcoholic drink taken just before going to bed or at the end of an evening of partying, a night on the town, etc.
- ⌂ Informal, Baseball the second game of a double-header
- A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.
- Sports & Games The last event in a day's competition, especially the final game in a baseball double-header.
- A cloth cap worn especially in bed.
- A warm cloth cap worn while sleeping, often with pajamas, being common attire in northern Europe before effective home heating became widespread. [From 14th c.]
- Winston wore a nightcap to stave off the cold.
- A beverage drunk before bed that is usually alcoholic. [From 1818.]
- I'll make myself a nightcap of whisky and lemon before heading to bed.
- (US, sports, baseball) The final match of a sporting contest, especially the second game of a baseball doubleheader. [From 1939.]