planter definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ the owner of a plantation
- a person or machine that plants
- a container, usually decorative, for potted or unpotted house plants
- Archaic a colonist or pioneer
planter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. One who plants.b. A machine or tool for planting seeds.
- The owner or manager of a plantation: cotton and rice planters.
- An early settler or colonist.
- A decorative container for a plant or small tree.