- ☆ the owner of a plantation
- a person or machine that plants
- a container, usually decorative, for potted or unpotted house plants
- Archaic a colonist or pioneer
- a. One who plants.b. A machine or tool for planting seeds.
- The owner or manager of a plantation: cotton and rice planters.
- An early settler or colonist.
- A decorative container for a plant or small tree.
- A box or pot for plants, usually large and standing on the floor.
- (historical) Any of the early English settlers, given the lands of the dispossessed Irish populace during the reign of Elizabeth I.
- A machine used for planting seeds.
- A person who plants seeds, either by hand or by machine.
- The owner of a plantation.