- An immigrant is defined as someone who moves to a new country.
An example of an immigrant is a woman who moves from Mexico to the United States.
- The definition of an immigrant is an animal or plant that is found in a new location for the first time.
An example of an immigrant is a bear found in Alaska that has previously only been found in Montana.
A young Latin immigrant.
immigrant definition by Webster's New World
- a person who immigrates
- a plant or animal that has recently appeared for the first time in a locality
Origin: ; from Classical Latin immigrans, present participle
- of or relating to immigrants
immigrant definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.
- A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.