- Immigration is defined as the process of relocating permanently to a foreign country or the area in an airport or at the border where officials check the entry permits and documentation of people who are coming into a country.
- An example of immigration is relocating permanently from Mexico to the United States.
- An example of immigration is the area in the airport where you have to show your passport to re-enter the country.
- an act or instance of immigrating
- the number of immigrants entering a country or region during a specified period
- The action or process of immigrating.
- The place where authorities check the documents of people entering a country.
- The act of immigrating; the passing or coming into a country for the purpose of permanent residence.
immigration - Legal Definition
The act of entering a country with the intention of remaining there permanently.