- Immigration is defined as the process of relocating permanently to a foreign country or the area in an airport or at the border where officials check the entry permits and documentation of people who are coming into a country.
- An example of immigration is relocating permanently from Mexico to the United States.
- An example of immigration is the area in the airport where you have to show your passport to re-enter the country.
immigration definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an act or instance of immigrating
- the number of immigrants entering a country or region during a specified period
immigration - Legal Definition
The act of entering a country with the intention of remaining there permanently.