- Migrant is defined as a person or animal that moves from one place to another.
An example of migrant is a bird that flies south for the winter; a migrant bird.
- The definition of a migrant is a person or animal that moves from place to place.
An example of a migrant is a person who moves from farm to farm picking fruits and vegetables.
Origin of migrantClassical Latin migrans, present participle of migrare
- a person, bird, or animal that migrates
- ⌂ a farm laborer who moves from place to place to harvest seasonal crops
- An organism, especially an animal, that moves from one region to another (as for breeding) or that has established itself in an area where it previously did not exist.
- An itinerant worker who travels from one area to another in search of work.
- A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another; an immigrant.
Origin of migrantLatin migrāns, migrant-, present participle of migrāre, to migrate; see migrate.
- A migratory bird or other animal.
- Traveller or worker who moves from one region or country to another.
(comparative more migrant, superlative most migrant)