- Migrant is defined as a person or animal that moves from one place to another.
An example of migrant is a bird that flies south for the winter; a migrant bird.
- The definition of a migrant is a person or animal that moves from place to place.
An example of a migrant is a person who moves from farm to farm picking fruits and vegetables.
migrant definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Classical Latin migrans, present participle of migrare
- a person, bird, or animal that migrates
- ☆ a farm laborer who moves from place to place to harvest seasonal crops
migrant definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that moves from one region to another by chance, instinct, or plan.
- An itinerant worker who travels from one area to another in search of work.
Origin: Latin migrāns, migrant-, present participle of migrāre, to migrate; see migrate.