- a person from another country, thought of as an outsider; alien
- any person regarded as an outsider or stranger
- A person from Europe visiting the U.S. is an example of a foreigner.
- A person who is new to a club and who has not yet been accepted by those in the club he has joined is an example of a foreigner.
The definition of a foreigner is a person born in a different country, or an outsider.
- One who is from a foreign country or place.
- One who is from outside a particular group or community; an outsider.
- A person from a foreign country.
- A private job run by an employee at a trade factory rather than going through the business.
- The power of the foreigner in Arabia was broken..
- The French doctor held no taper; he was leaning against one of the columns in a respectful attitude implying that he, a foreigner, in spite of all differences of faith, understood the full importance of the rite now being performed and even approved of it.
- He shall divide them by tribes in the land, and no stranger and foreigner shall dwell with them; he shall judge the nations in wisdom and righteousness.
- Born in Oxford, he was far more of a foreigner than his father; his soul was that of a south French baron, not that of an English king.
- But, in spite of the sympathy of the king, Dl e attempt to raise armed bands in Venetia had no success, and wa became clear that the foreigner could only be driven from the of ninsula by regular war.