- The definition of a chicken hawk is a predatory bird that hunts and eats barnyard animals like chickens, or is slang for a man who looks for young boys as sexual partners.
- An example of a chicken hawk is the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn.
- An example of a chicken hawk is a pedophile.
The red-tail is also known as a chicken hawk.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Any of various hawks that prey on or have the reputation of preying on chickens.
- often chick·en·hawk Informal A person who favors military force or action to carry out a foreign policy but has never served in the military.
- Vulgar Slang A man who seeks out boys or young men as his sexual partners.