- The definition of a chicken hawk is a predatory bird that hunts and eats barnyard animals like chickens, or is slang for a man who looks for young boys as sexual partners.
- An example of a chicken hawk is the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn.
- An example of a chicken hawk is a pedophile.
The red-tail is also known as a chicken hawk.
chicken hawk definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
any of various hawks, esp. an accipiter, that prey, or are reputed to prey, on barnyard fowl
chicken hawk definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Any of various hawks that prey on or have the reputation of preying on chickens.
- often chick·en·hawk Informal A person who favors military force or action to carry out a foreign policy but has never served in the military.
- Vulgar Slang A man who seeks out boys or young men as his sexual partners.