- The definition of a foreign exchange is the exchange of one currency for another by governments, businesses and residents in two different countries.
An example of foreign exchange is a U.S.-based company doing business with a company in Japan and paying them in U.S. currency.
- the transfer of credits to a foreign country to settle debts or accounts between residents of the home country and those of the foreign country
- foreign bills, currencies, etc. used to settle such accounts
- Transaction of international monetary business, as between governments or businesses of different countries.
- Negotiable bills drawn in one country to be paid in another country.
(plural foreign exchanges)
- The exchange of currency from one country for currency from another country.
- (India) Foreign currency.
foreign exchange - Computer Definition
foreign exchange - Investment & Finance Definition
The value of one currency stated in terms of another currency. A person who exchanges one country’s money for currency issued by another country has acquired foreign exchange.