- simple past tense and past participle of revere
- The villagers revered their religious leader for his example of pious conduct.
The Sanchez family revered their abuela because she always gives good, sound advice.
Revered is defined as profoundly honored, or feeling deep respect for something.
When you have a family member that you respect and honor, this is an example of someone that is revered.
- The problem is her abductor is the revered local police chief!
- Aristotle, however, always revered Plato's memory (Nic. Ethics, i.
- Saints and angels are highly revered, if not adored, but graven images are forbidden.
- Although he came from humble beginnings, Abraham Lincoln became one of the most influential and revered presidents of the United States.
- The thoroughly national character of Heracles is shown by his being the mythical ancestor of the Dorian dynastic tribe, while revered by Ionian Athens, Lelegian Opus and Aeolo-Phoenician Thebes, and closely associated with the Achaean heroes Peleus and Telamon.