(-bə rə tôr′ē)
- operating or produced by reverberation
- deflected, as flame or heat
- designating or of a furnace or kiln in which ore, metal, etc. is heated by a flame deflected downward from the roof
such a furnace or kiln
See reverberatory in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. re·ver·ber·a·tor·ies
- Produced or operating by reverberation; deflected or diverted, as flame or heat, onto material being treated.
- Of, relating to, or being a reverberatory furnace.
A reverberatory furnace.
Learn more about reverberatory