reverberatory[-bə rə tôr′ē]
reverberatory definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- operating or produced by reverberation
- deflected, as flame or heat
- designating or of a furnace or kiln in which ore, metal, etc. is heated by a flame deflected downward from the roof
such a furnace or kiln
reverberatory definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Produced or operating by reverberation; deflected or diverted, as flame or heat, onto material being treated.
- Of, relating to, or being a reverberatory furnace.
A reverberatory furnace.