- simple past tense and past participle of revere
- The villagers revered their religious leader for his example of pious conduct.
The Sanchez family revered their abuela because she always gives good, sound advice.
Revered is defined as profoundly honored, or feeling deep respect for something.
When you have a family member that you respect and honor, this is an example of someone that is revered.
- The problem is her abductor is the revered local police chief!
- Saints and angels are highly revered, if not adored, but graven images are forbidden.
- Aristotle, however, always revered Plato's memory (Nic. Ethics, i.
- Vast cemeteries of animals which belonged to the revered species have been discovered; more especially may be mentioned that of the cats at Bubastis, the remains of which, charred by some great fire, until recently filled numberless chambers of crude brick in the ruins at Zagazig.
- These fetish objects of worship were meteoric stones, which were dedicated to the gods or revered as symbols of the gods themselves (Pliny, Nat.