- Resemblance is being kind of like something else, or similar in appearance to something.
When two people look kind of alike in certain ways, this is an example of a resemblance.
resemblance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state, fact, or quality of resembling; similarity of appearance, or, sometimes, of character; likeness
- a point, degree, or sort of likeness
- something that resembles; likeness or semblance (of someone or something)
- Obsolete characteristic appearance
- Obsolete likelihood; probability
Origin: Middle English ; from Anglo-French
resemblance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state or quality of resembling, especially similarity in appearance or in external or superficial details. See Synonyms at likeness.
- Something that resembles another; a likeness or semblance.