People often say that Curt and his dog Murphy have a resemblance to each other.
Resemblance is being kind of like something else, or similar in appearance to something.
When two people look kind of alike in certain ways, this is an example of a resemblance.
- the state, fact, or quality of resembling; similarity of appearance, or, sometimes, of character; likeness
- a point, degree, or sort of likeness
- something that resembles; likeness or semblance (of someone or something)
- Obs. characteristic appearance
- Obs. likelihood; probability
Origin of resemblanceMiddle English from Anglo-French
- The state or quality of resembling, especially similarity in appearance or in external or superficial details.
- Something that resembles another; a likeness or semblance.