When two people look kind of alike in certain ways, this is an example of a resemblance.
- the state, fact, or quality of resembling; similarity of appearance, or, sometimes, of character; likeness
- a point, degree, or sort of likeness
- something that resembles; likeness or semblance (of someone or something)
- Obs. characteristic appearance
- Obs. likelihood; probability
Origin of resemblanceMiddle English ; from Anglo-French
- The state or quality of resembling, especially similarity in appearance or in external or superficial details.
- Something that resembles another; a likeness or semblance.