There is diversity in this group.
An example of diversity is a classroom full of children of different backgrounds.
- quality, state, fact, or instance of being diverse; difference
- a policy of selecting people so as to assemble a group that is diverse, esp. with respect to race and gender
- the composition of a group with respect to race, gender, etc.
Origin of diversityMiddle English diversite ; from Old French diverseté
- a. The quality or condition of being diverse: a band known for the diversity of its music.b. The condition of having or including people from different ethnicities and social backgrounds: diversity on campus.
- A variety or assortment: a diversity of opinions.
From Old French diversité, from Latin dīversitās