The Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel in the Bahamas is renowned for its luxury and plethora of activities on site.
An example of renowned used as an adjective is the phrase world renowned hotel which means a hotel known throughout the world.
(comparative more renowned, superlative most renowned)
- He thus became renowned as a wise prince.
- They were also renowned for their magicians, who had strange remedies for various diseases.
- Fuad was renowned for his boldness and promptness of decision, as well as for his ready wit and his many bons mots.
- All three were renowned warriors and played a prominent part in David's history.
- In their northern portion, they are also called S6var Mountains, and reach in their highest peak, Simonka, an altitude of 3350 ft., while their southern portion, which ends with the renowned Tokaj Hill (1650 ft.), is also called Tokaj Mountains.