- of the highest rank: the ranking officer
- prominent or outstanding: a ranking composer
- the act or an instance of listing persons or things in order of importance, achievement, quality, etc.
- such a listing
- a position within such a listing
Of the highest rank; preeminent.
- rankings A listing of items in a group, such as schools or sports teams, according to a system of rating or a record of performance.
- A position in such a list.
(comparative more ranking, superlative most ranking)
- Present participle of rank.