ranking definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ of the highest rank: the ranking officer
- ☆ prominent or outstanding: a ranking composer
- the act or an instance of listing persons or things in order of importance, achievement, quality, etc.
- such a listing
ranking definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Of the highest rank; preeminent.noun
- rankings A listing of items in a group, such as schools or sports teams, according to a system of rating or a record of performance.
- A position in such a list.